Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Recipe- Cheddar Broccoli Soup

began today with making a Cheddar Broccoli Soup from scratch with a recipe that called for grated Sharp Cheddar cheese and I ended up having to throw the whole batch out because the cheese curdled despite following the recipe to a "T"; so I rushed out to get more ingredients! 
The pictures above are my final product and here's what I did:
Ingredients:
1 box chicken broth
2 cans evaporated milk
1 can whole kernel corn
2 tbl spoons minced garlic
1- 1lb bag of frozen broccoli cuts
2 jars Ragu double cheddar cheese

In a saucer pan I took 2 tbl spoons of butter and sautéed the corn and minced garlic. Then, in my big pot I took 2 tbl spoons of butter and 1 tbl spoon of flour and made a small amount of roux. Next, I added the chicken broth and evaporated milk. Once that became hot I added the sautéed corn and garlic along with the broccoli cuts. Finally, I added the jars of Ragu double cheddar cheese sauce (it took 2 for me because I added until I liked the cheesy flavor). I added some additional seasonings like garlic and onion powders, dried minced onions, seasoning salt, and kosher salt to taste. This recipe will easily yield 8 hearty servings! 
If you try this recipe please let me know your thoughts and experience!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About