Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Turn your cheap into Chic

So, we had one of those fairly inexpensive Walmart end tables.... You know the ones that are particle board with the laminated finishes??? Yeah those and right now you can get two for $34.00! 
Okay, ours was a little worn, go figure with 6 kids right?!?!? Here's what ours looked like before: 
It was scuffed, the lamination was coming off in areas, and well one of my daughters managed to get pink nail polish all over it. So, last night I was looking at it and I just couldn't take it anymore. I started pulling the lamination off the top and sides (it was easier than I had expected). Within 10 minutes it was just a particle board top and then a brilliant idea hit me..... Turquoise/Teal paint!!! That's right, Ladies, I am a go bold or go home kinda gal! 
I have a pint of the turquoise my mom gave me and I just so happen to have a tiny rolling brush!!! As I sat on my couch next to my husband I proceeded to turn our cheap end table (that we use as a coffee table) into this eye-catching beauty: 
It took 2 good coats and if you have any glossy sealant I would recommend giving it a good roll for a great glossy finish! I am officially happy with my little table now and I'm already making plans for my next turquoise adventure (can you tell that I LOVE this color????)

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About